Reports and Parents Evenings
Get the most from school reports on Go4Schools
Your child will have a school report at least once a year. We publish these online on Go4Schools, therefore you must have activated your account to access this. To get the most out of a report we suggest that you and your child spend some time looking at the comments together.
• read it carefully and note your child's strengths and weaknesses - work out what they need to do to improve in weak areas
• give praise when your child has done well, but for areas of concern agree on specific things that can be done to improve
• compare reports from year to year to highlight areas of improvement and concern
Make the most of parents’ evenings
The school operates an online booking system. Prior to any parents' evening, parents will receive additional communication from the school along with the opportunity to book appointments with teaching staff online. This will only be sent out once appointments are open for booking.
Instructions on how to use the online system can be accessed here.
For parents’ evenings, it pays to be prepared.
• have a chat with your child before-hand to see what they believe to be their strengths and weaknesses at school
• make a list of questions to ask teachers about your child's work, how they get along with classmates and their general attitude toward school
• try to identify at the meeting specific actions that you, your child and the teachers can take to help your child succeed.
Parents Evenings 2020-21
22nd October 2020 - Year 10
14th November 2020 - Year 7
14th January 2021 - Year 11
11th February 2021 - Year 8
27th May 2021 - Year 9