Reports and Parents Evenings
Get the most from school reports on Go4Schools
Your child will have a school report at least once a year. We publish these online on Go4Schools, therefore you must have activated your account to access this. To get the most out of a report we suggest that you and your child spend some time looking at the comments together.
• read it carefully and note your child's strengths and weaknesses - work out what they need to do to improve in weak areas
• give praise when your child has done well, but for areas of concern agree on specific things that can be done to improve
• compare reports from year to year to highlight areas of improvement and concern
Make the most of parents’ evenings
For parents’ evenings it pays to be prepared.
• have a chat with your child before-hand to see what they believe to be their strengths and weaknesses at school
• make a list of questions to ask teachers about your child's work, how they get along with classmates and their general attitude toward school
• try to identify at the meeting specific actions that you, your child and the teachers can take to help your child succeed